September 17, 2018
11 Places in the Bay Area to Shop Till You Drop, Before the Holiday Season!
The Bay Area has one of the best shopping scenes in the US. From top brands to mom & pop shops. Some shopping centers like Westfield Mall in San Francisco & Jack London Square are easily accessible by our shuttle and/or BART.
Since the Holiday season is approaching, it's a good idea to get the shopping done before the rush.
Jack London Square
2.0 miles from Executive Inn & Suites
Since Jack London Square is more of an historical site, you won't find any of the trendy stores you're used to seeing. Only place you'll find these stores are in Jack London Square, which definitely classifies it as an authentic part of Oakland.
Here are some shops located here:
- California Canoe & Kayak (Kayak Rentals & Souvenirs)
- Something to Sell About (Antiques and Fine Furnishings)
- Cost Plus World Market (Retail chain featuring an eclectic array of imported housewares, furniture, decor & specialty foods.)
- Oakland Supply Company (Concept store stocking an eclectic array of jewelry & leather goods in an industrial warehouse.)
- Owl N Wood (Hip, modern shop with a retro flair offering vintage clothing, plus apparel by local designers.)
2.2 miles from Executive Inn & Suites
We like to believe we are an authentic part of Oakland, so this section will be some stores in the nearby downtown Oakland area that may also be considered authentic.
- McMullen (Chic boutique for women's designer wear)
- Oaklandish (Go-to for hip, locally inspired apparel)
- Viscera (Hip clothing boutique)
- Archer Bicycle Shop
- Webster Shoe Shop
- Two Jacks Denim (Mens denim clothing)
- The Shaver & Cutlery Shop (Kitchen knifes, shavers & more)
Alameda South Shore Center
2.8 miles from Executive Inn & Suites
South Shore Center is located on Alameda Island, where you will find some local mom & pop shops, as well as big brands. South Shore is only a few miles from our hotel, but the best way to get here is drive or call a Taxi/Uber/Lyft.
Here are some shops at South Shore Center:
- Ross Dress for Less
- T.J. Max
- Petco Animal Supplies
- Old Navy
- Ulta Beauty
- Payless ShoeSource
- Charming Charlies
- West Marine
- Bed Bath & Beyond
3.2 miles from Executive Inn & Suites
Alameda Landing, located just past Webster & Posey Tube, is a newly developed area that was to serve the north west side residents of Alameda, but of course anyone can stop by.
Here is what is available at Alameda Landing:
Temescal District in Oakland
3.7 miles from Executive Inn & Suites
Temescal is a vibrant neighborhood leading the Oakland renaissance, full of innovative and diverse people creating small independent thoughtfully-curated shops, restaurants and services, celebrating emerging arts and culture in our community.
Being an authentic part of Oakland, you are likely to find mom & pop shops rather than big brands. Shopping small in Oakland is a big way to support a growing community.Some stories you will find:
- Ruby's Garden (Hip children's clothing boutique)
- Standard & Strange (Upscale men's clothing boutique)
- Sagrada Sacred Arts (Boutique for spiritual & religious items)
Bay Street Emeryville
5.7 miles from Executive Inn & Suites
Bay Street Emeryville is a large mixed-use development in Emeryville which currently has 65 stores, ten restaurants, and a sixteen-screen movie theater.
Some of the most popular stores at Emeryville include:
- Banana Republic
- Barnes & Noble
- Old Navy
- See's Candies
Westfield San Francisco Centre
14.3 miles from Executive Inn & Suites
Westfield San Francisco Centre is a 9-story mall featuring over 170 shops & restaurants, a multiplex & a dome-covered atrium.
The most popular stores at Westfield include:
- Louis Vuitton
- Tiffany & Co
14.4 miles from Executive Inn & Suites
Southland Mall is a shopping mall in Hayward.. The mall is primarily a single-level structure, with a small lower level beneath anchor retailer JC Penney, and free standing restaurants in the outlying parking areas.
As most Bay Area malls, you will likely find the following stores here at Southland Mall:
- JC Penny
- Foot Locker
Sunvalley Shopping Center
21.5 miles from Executive Inn & Suites
Sunvalley Shopping Center, or more popularly "Sunvalley Mall", is a regional shopping center located in Concord, Located right off the 680 freeway, this mall is convenient.
Being another Bay Area mall, you'll find the usual brands like Macy's, JC Penny & Sears. However, here are some stores you would not likely find anywhere else:
- The Disney Store
- Box Lunch
- Suki Hana
- Round One
Stoneridge Shopping Center
22.2 miles from Executive Inn & Suites
Stoneridge Shopping Center is an upscale major shopping mall in Pleasanton and it's adjacent to Interstate 580 & 680. The mall is anchored by Nordstrom, Macy's, JCPenney, and Sears.
Many of the regular stores that Bay Area malls have.
Here is Stoneridge Shopping Center's full directory.
San Francisco Premium Outlets
27.4 miles from Executive Inn & Suites
Contrary to what the name of the outlets is, the San Francisco Premium Outlets is based in Livermore. This Outlet mall features a variety of designer & brand-name clothing, shoes, accessories & housewares.
Being an upscale shopping location, you will find Brands that you normally won't see in other malls. Here are some of the most popular stores at the San Francisco Premium Outlets.
- Hugo Boss
- Bottega Veneta
- Dooney & Bourke
- Janie And Jack
Getting to and from these Bay Area shopping center's without a car may seem like a daunting task. However, with either our complimentary shuttle service, BART, LYFT/Uber or a combination of them, the Bay Area seems more accessible. Here is how to get around to the above locations:
- Jack London Square - We pick up and drop off with our complimentary shuttle service. To claim the shuttle, please schedule the departure (drop off) at the front desk. At that designated time, we will drop you off. For return back to the property, just call us at 510-536-6633 and we will send the shuttle as soon as it's available. Most pick-ups times from Jack London Square range from 15 to 20 minutes (sometimes even less).
- Downtown Oakland - We pick up and drop off with our complimentary shuttle service to the Federal Building in Downtown; located at 13th and Jefferson. To claim the shuttle, please schedule the departure (drop off) at the front desk. At that designated time, we will drop you off. For return back to the property, just call us at 510-536-6633 and we will send the shuttle as soon as it's available. Most pick-ups times from Downtown Oakland at the Federal Building range from 15 to 20 minutes (sometimes even less).
- Temescal District - There are a few way to get to Temescal. 1. We pick up and drop off with our complimentary shuttle service to Jack London Square where you can take the Jack London Square to Temescal bus line (72R). Don't want to take the bus? 2. The next best option would be to call an Uber or Lyft. We've seen some rides be at little as $10 each way. First time taking Uber or LYFT? We have referral codes that will allow you to take $10 off your first ride.
- Alameda South Shore Center & Alameda Landing - Uber or LYFT are your best bet while going to Alameda. We've seen some rides be at little as $5 each way.
- Bay Street Emeryville - Bay Street is in one of those locations that not easily accessible by public transit, so we suggest the Uber & LYFT route. Even when it's busy, most rides are around $10 each way.
- Westfield San Francisco Centre - Take our complimentary shuttle service to the Lake Merritt BART Station, hop on the San Francisco bound train and exit at Powell Street. Powell Street station is actually the first level of the mall. On your return trip, call us for a pick up at 510-536-6633 once you've arrived back at Lake Merritt BART station.
- Southland Mall - Take our complimentary shuttle service to the Lake Merritt BART Station, hop on the Warm Springs bound train and exit at Hayward Station. Hop on a Uber or LYFT. Southland Mall. And of course, on your return trip, call us for a pick up at 510-536-6633 once you've arrived back at Lake Merritt BART station.
- Sunvalley Shopping Center- Take our complimentary shuttle service to the Lake Merritt BART Station, hop on the Richmond bound train, transfer at 19th Street then hop on the Antioch bound train; exit at Concord Station. Hop on a Uber or LYFT to Sunvalley Shopping Center. On your return trip, call us for a pick up at 510-536-6633 once you've arrived back at Lake Merritt BART station.
- Stoneridge Shopping Center - Take our complimentary shuttle service to the Lake Merritt BART Station, hop on the Dublin/Pleasanton bound train. Exit at West Dublin/Pleasanton, and take the Pleasanton exit. The mall is a 3 minute walk from the Bart Station. On your return trip, call us for a pick up at 510-536-6633 once you've arrived back at Lake Merritt BART station.
- San Francisco Premium Outlets (Livermore) - Take the same route as you would for Stoneridge Shopping Center, except exit at the end of the line (Dubin/Pleasanton stop - not West). Hop on an Uber or LYFT to San Francisco Premium Outlets. On your return trip, call us for a pick up at 510-536-6633 once you've arrived back at Lake Merritt BART station.
Have a car on your visit to the hotel? All these locations are within 45 minutes drive time. However, traffic during certain times (morning or evening commute) the travel times can greatly increase.
read more about oakland
Embarking on a business trip to Oakland? Dive into a city where business meets vibrant culture, and discover the secret to making your stay both productive and memorable. Find out why choosing the right hotel is more than just a place to sleep—it's about experiencing Oakland's unique charm. Read on to unlock the ultimate guide for the discerning Oakland business traveler.
Oakland's got more than meets the eye. Think speakeasies, unique shops, and stellar views. From sipping classic cocktails to stargazing, there's a hidden gem waiting just for you. Curious? Dive into our guide and see Oakland like never before.
Oakland, California, a city known for its vibrant culture and diverse community, is a treasure trove of exciting events and festivals. From culinary delights to musical extravaganzas, there's always something to look forward to in this bustling city.
Oakland, California, is a popular destination that’s known for its diverse culture, rich history, and thriving arts scene. If you’re a music lover or a nightlife enthusiast, Oakland has plenty to offer with its numerous live music venues.
With its sunny skies and nice weather year-round, Oakland is often called the “Bright Side of the Bay.” In this diverse and charming city, there are several Oakland family activities waiting for you. Whether you’re looking for kid-friendly attractions in Oakland, festivals and events for families in Oakland, or educational activities for kids in Oakland, you’re sure to have a fun and memorable experience with the whole family.
Are you a beer connoisseur looking for your next adventure? Are you planning a trip to Oakland, California, and wondering where to find the best craft beers in town? Look no further! We understand navigating the local brewery scene can be overwhelming, especially when you need more time.